It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Auction Keeper Question
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:56 pm 

10-team 5x5 auction keeper $260 budget, I have my first 12 (in bold), italicized players I have to let go, and need three more of the following:
C- $14 Joe Mauer
1b-$1 Joey Votto
2b-$9 Brandon Phillips
3b-$9 Garrett Atkins
ss-$31 Jimmy Rollins
mi-$25 Derek Jeter
ci-$55 Lance Berkman
of-$9 Nick Markakis
of-$25 Carlos Lee
of-$33 Manny Ramirez
of-$28 Ichiro Suzuki
of-$1 Raul Ibanez
ut-$33 David Ortiz
p-$5 James Shields
p-$1 John Danks
p-$8 Adam Wainright
p-$32 Jake Peavy
p-$2 Salomon Torres
p-$5 Kerry Wood
p-$9* JJ Putz
p-$1 Randy Johnson
p-$11 Chris Perez
bn-$2 Hideki Matsui
bn-$1 Armando Galarraga
bn-$1 Josh Johnson
bn-$1 Adam Lind
dl-$1 Mike Pelfrey
dl-$1 Clayton Kershaw

Putz is under contract, so I pay a $5 penalty by not keeping him. So he really costs me $4. worth the spot? if so, I need 2 more. Also, a lot of teams have more than 15 keepers better than my endgame keepers (I had a lot of expiring guys due to trading to make a run at the league last year). Is it a good idea to trade one of mine for two of another team's, to improve over these last few guys?

1st $ this year, additional $ are following years. Italics = cannot be kept past this yr. Bold = have to be kept or pay penalty

C
1B Joey Votto ($17)
2B Ben Zobrist ($22/$22)
SS Starlin Castro ($9/$13/$17)
3b David Wright ($34/$34)
MI
CI Pablo Sandoval ($17)
OF Jason Werth ($3)
OF Alex Rios ($7/$7)
OF Carlos Beltran ($15/$15)
OF
OF
Util Anthony Rizzo ($1/$5/$9)
P Max Scherzer ($1)
P Jordan Zimmermann ($1)
P Yu Darvish ($13/$13)
P Casey Janssen ($6/$6)
P Steve Cishek ($1/$1)
P Rafael Soriano ($4/$4)
P Joel Hanrahan ($13/$13)
P
P
B Todd Frazier ($2/$2)
B
B
B
DL
DL
DL

Post subject: Re: Auction Keeper Question
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 pm 

BBQKing wrote:
10-team 5x5 auction keeper $260 budget, I have my first 12 (in bold), italicized players I have to let go, and need three more of the following:
C- $14 Joe Mauer
1b-$1 Joey Votto
2b-$9 Brandon Phillips
3b-$9 Garrett Atkins
ss-$31 Jimmy Rollins
mi-$25 Derek Jeter
ci-$55 Lance Berkman
of-$9 Nick Markakis
of-$25 Carlos Lee
of-$33 Manny Ramirez
of-$28 Ichiro Suzuki
of-$1 Raul Ibanez
ut-$33 David Ortiz
p-$5 James Shields
p-$1 John Danks
p-$8 Adam Wainright
p-$32 Jake Peavy
p-$2 Salomon Torres
p-$5 Kerry Wood
p-$9* JJ Putz
p-$1 Randy Johnson
p-$11 Chris Perez
bn-$2 Hideki Matsui
bn-$1 Armando Galarraga
bn-$1 Josh Johnson
bn-$1 Adam Lind
dl-$1 Mike Pelfrey
dl-$1 Clayton Kershaw

Putz is under contract, so I pay a $5 penalty by not keeping him. So he really costs me $4. worth the spot? if so, I need 2 more. Also, a lot of teams have more than 15 keepers better than my endgame keepers (I had a lot of expiring guys due to trading to make a run at the league last year). Is it a good idea to trade one of mine for two of another team's, to improve over these last few guys?

You have a pretty solid team going into 2009. I wouldn't keep Putz. I'd keep Kershaw, Johnson and Lind. My only trepidation is keeping Lind over Matsui, but I think Matsui's sitting a bunch and even when he started he wasn't that great.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:43 pm 

Kershaw and Johnson for a $1 is easy. I don't keep Putz even if holds are a category. The last choice is tough between Matsui, RJohnson, Lind and Mauer. I would probably go the safest route and keep Mauer personally.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:46 pm 

Can't keep Mauer cause he was italicized.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm 

Unfortunately, Mauer has to be released. Are any of these ones for the last spot worth keeping, or am I better moving a guy for two coming back? Obviously, depends on the deal, but how keen are you on any of the guys slotted in for my 15th spot? (obviously I'll keep one of the $1 guys if I have the spot)

1st $ this year, additional $ are following years. Italics = cannot be kept past this yr. Bold = have to be kept or pay penalty

C
1B Joey Votto ($17)
2B Ben Zobrist ($22/$22)
MI
CI Pablo Sandoval ($17)
OF Jason Werth ($3)
OF Alex Rios ($7/$7)
OF
OF
P Max Scherzer ($1)
P Jordan Zimmermann ($1)
P Yu Darvish ($13/$13)
P Casey Janssen ($6/$6)
P Steve Cishek ($1/$1)
P Rafael Soriano ($4/$4)
P
P
B Todd Frazier ($2/$2)
B
B
B
DL
DL
DL

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:19 pm 

I like Lind for a $1. Also, I like Matsui. But Lind a bit more. Of course, if you were getting a steal of a deal it wouldn't bother me to see you lose Lind or Matsui.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:06 am 

Got offered Mig Cabrera ($38) and Renteria ($6) for Ortiz ($33) and Markakis ($9). Our league is structured such that salaries increase $4 for every year, and once you extend a guy, he counts as a penalty (half the salary) for every year left if you waive him. Markakis has 4 years after this one, (so will be at $25 in 2012), Ortiz is in his last year, Renteria has 2010 at $10 then is done, and Miggy goes thru 2011 (to $46). I am not going to take this, my question is should I try to swing this with someone else instead of Renteria. Here's the other options (various lengths left on contract):
Burnett, AJ $8.00
Cueto, Johnny $1.00
Escobar, Yunel $1.00
Fukudome, Kosuke $12.00
Hernandez, Ramon $4.00
Hudson, Orlando $1.00
Iwamura, Akinori $1.00
Lee, Cliff $5.00
Lowe, Derek $1.00
Lyon, Brandon $9.00
Maine, John $1.00
Martinez, Victor $19.00
Matsuzaka, Daisuke $27.00
Murphy, David $5.00
Rentaria, Edgar $6.00
Reynolds, Mark $15.00
Scott, Luke $1.00
Soriano, Rafael $1.00
Ziegler, Brad $1.00

C
1B Joey Votto ($17)
2B Ben Zobrist ($22/$22)
MI
CI Pablo Sandoval ($17)
OF Jason Werth ($3)
OF Alex Rios ($7/$7)
OF
OF
P Max Scherzer ($1)
P Jordan Zimmermann ($1)
P Yu Darvish ($13/$13)
P Casey Janssen ($6/$6)
P Steve Cishek ($1/$1)
P Rafael Soriano ($4/$4)
P
P
B Todd Frazier ($2/$2)
B
B
B
DL
DL
DL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 am 

BBQKing wrote:
Got offered Mig Cabrera ($38) and Renteria ($6) for Ortiz ($33) and Markakis ($9). Our league is structured such that salaries increase $4 for every year, and once you extend a guy, he counts as a penalty (half the salary) for every year left if you waive him. Markakis has 4 years after this one, (so will be at $25 in 2012), Ortiz is in his last year, Renteria has 2010 at $10 then is done, and Miggy goes thru 2011 (to $46). I am not going to take this, my question is should I try to swing this with someone else instead of Renteria. Here's the other options (various lengths left on contract):
Burnett, AJ $8.00
Cueto, Johnny $1.00
Escobar, Yunel $1.00
Fukudome, Kosuke $12.00
Hernandez, Ramon $4.00
Hudson, Orlando $1.00
Iwamura, Akinori $1.00
Lee, Cliff $5.00
Lowe, Derek $1.00
Lyon, Brandon $9.00
Maine, John $1.00
Martinez, Victor $19.00
Matsuzaka, Daisuke $27.00
Murphy, David $5.00
Rentaria, Edgar $6.00
Reynolds, Mark $15.00
Scott, Luke $1.00
Soriano, Rafael $1.00
Ziegler, Brad $1.00

This team is pretty weak. I don't see anyone else for you to get.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:24 am 

Yeah, he's rebuilding long term, and the few good players he has are cheap, so they're off limits...what about cliff lee? still not getting enough return? for this year, do those values equal out-the salaries are a wash (and I don't tie up my util spot before the auction)?

C
1B Joey Votto ($17)
2B Ben Zobrist ($22/$22)
MI
CI Pablo Sandoval ($17)
OF Jason Werth ($3)
OF Alex Rios ($7/$7)
OF
OF
P Max Scherzer ($1)
P Jordan Zimmermann ($1)
P Yu Darvish ($13/$13)
P Casey Janssen ($6/$6)
P Steve Cishek ($1/$1)
P Rafael Soriano ($4/$4)
P
P
B Todd Frazier ($2/$2)
B
B
B
DL
DL
DL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:43 am 

Cliff Lee's fine for him to keep at $5, but why do you want to trade away Ortiz and Markakis for him? Cliff Lee is coming off a year that he can't possibly repeat so you'd end up with him for the correction.