It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Who to keep?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:03 pm 

6x6 (ops and holds), 11 teams, 17 keepers per team (no contract or salary cap). My team is stacked, but I always seem to make the wrong choice on my last couple keepers every year. So I'm taking opinions if you care to share yours. We start 2 at each position, 6 OF, 2DH, 8 SP, 6 RP.

C- McCann
C- V-Mart
1b- Pujols
1b- Teixeira
2b- Roberts
2b- Lopez
SS- Rollins
SS- Peralta
OF- Holliday
OF- Soriano
OF- Crawford

SP- Johan
SP- Beckett
SP- Shields
SP- Dice-K
SP- Bedard
SP- Dempster
SP- Vazquez
SP- Buchholz
RP- K-Rod
RP- Lidge
RP- Ryan
RP- Devine

14 guys in bold are no brainers, and I feel I have to keep V-Mart and Peralta do to position scarcity. So that leaves me with one major problem choosing the last guy. Lopez, Bedard, and Ryan all seem like solid choices but I wouldn't be scared to keep any of the others. I try to package some of these guys for an upgrade, but nobody wants to trade with me :roll:

Post subject: Re: Who to keep?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:20 pm 

The Dude wrote:
6x6 (ops and holds), 11 teams, 17 keepers per team (no contract or salary cap). My team is stacked, but I always seem to make the wrong choice on my last couple keepers every year. So I'm taking opinions if you care to share yours. We start 2 at each position, 6 OF, 2DH, 8 SP, 6 RP.

C- McCann
C- V-Mart
1b- Pujols
1b- Teixeira
2b- Roberts
2b- Lopez
SS- Rollins
SS- Peralta
OF- Holliday
OF- Soriano
OF- Crawford

SP- Johan
SP- Beckett
SP- Shields
SP- Dice-K
SP- Bedard
SP- Dempster
SP- Vazquez
SP- Buchholz
RP- K-Rod
RP- Lidge
RP- Ryan
RP- Devine

14 guys in bold are no brainers, and I feel I have to keep V-Mart and Peralta do to position scarcity. So that leaves me with one major problem choosing the last guy. Lopez, Bedard, and Ryan all seem like solid choices but I wouldn't be scared to keep any of the others. I try to package some of these guys for an upgrade, but nobody wants to trade with me :roll:

Yeah, your team is stacked. Well built team, nicely done. I would keep V-Mart and Peralta. Then the last keeper comes down to Vazquez and Bedard. Bedard has more upside but he's also the riskier of the two. But with Beckett, Johan, Dice-K and Shields to rely on, I'd take on the risk of Bedard.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:15 pm 

Okay, this is a team in the same league and he is by far the worst in terms of keeping 17 guys. I've made him offers that he declines with no response. He really only has two players that interest me before we cut down; Reyes and Sabathia. I offered Rollins and a combo of others for Reyes. I've offered Beckett or Dice-K with others for C.C. I get that he doesn't want to help my team, but shouldn't he be thinking in terms of his own team? I've bolded his for sure keepers...after that I have no idea what kind of mess he will retain. Anyone care to take a stab at an offer he can't refuse? (not a Godfather reference).

C- C Snyder
C- I Rodriguez
C- J Flores
1b- Derrek Lee
1b- L Berkman

2b- F Lopez
2b- O Hudson
3b- H Blalock
3b- K Kouzmanoff
SS- J B. Reyes
SS- R Furcal

OF- V Guerrero
OF- A Rowand
OF- D DeJesus
OF- J Cust
OF- L Scott
OF- M Joyce
OF- Andrew Jones
OF- David Murphy
OF- J Schafer
OF- J Guillen

SP- C Sabathia
SP- D Haren
SP- A Harang

SP- R Johnson
SP- S Baker
SP- D Bush
SP- J Blanton
SP- M Buehrle
SP- B Arroyo
SP- S Lewis
SP- C Volstad
SP- D Purcey
SP- I Snell
RP- J Nathan
RP- H Street

RP- J Lewis
RP- D Wheeler
RP- T Hoffman
RP- G Sherrill
RP- R Betancourt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:37 pm 

The Dude wrote:
Okay, this is a team in the same league and he is by far the worst in terms of keeping 17 guys. I've made him offers that he declines with no response. He really only has two players that interest me before we cut down; Reyes and Sabathia. I offered Rollins and a combo of others for Reyes. I've offered Beckett or Dice-K with others for C.C. I get that he doesn't want to help my team, but shouldn't he be thinking in terms of his own team? I've bolded his for sure keepers...after that I have no idea what kind of mess he will retain. Anyone care to take a stab at an offer he can't refuse? (not a Godfather reference).

C- C Snyder
C- I Rodriguez
C- J Flores
1b- Derrek Lee
1b- L Berkman

2b- F Lopez
2b- O Hudson
3b- H Blalock
3b- K Kouzmanoff
SS- J B. Reyes
SS- R Furcal

OF- V Guerrero
OF- A Rowand
OF- D DeJesus
OF- J Cust
OF- L Scott
OF- M Joyce
OF- Andrew Jones
OF- David Murphy
OF- J Schafer
OF- J Guillen

SP- C Sabathia
SP- D Haren
SP- A Harang

SP- R Johnson
SP- S Baker
SP- D Bush
SP- J Blanton
SP- M Buehrle
SP- B Arroyo
SP- S Lewis
SP- C Volstad
SP- D Purcey
SP- I Snell
RP- J Nathan
RP- H Street

RP- J Lewis
RP- D Wheeler
RP- T Hoffman
RP- G Sherrill
RP- R Betancourt

This is slightly out there but what about Roberts, V-Mart and Rollins for Reyes and Lopez. Lopez could out produce Roberts -- unlikely, but he could. Reyes will out produce Rollins and then you lose V-Mart who you were questioning whether to keep anyway. The other guy can't refuse that and he'll think he's getting a steal, when in reality he's really only getting Rollins as a sure thing. Then again, I don't like keeping catchers and I don't like Roberts in general. But it's just a suggestion, feel free to say I'm crazy.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:36 pm 

His "Lopez" is of the Felipe brand...I have Jose, whom I like and wouldn't mind keeping. I like your train of thought though...gets me outside the box a little bit more. Although I did offer him DiceK, Ryan, Lopez, Devine, and Buchholz for Dan Haren...the stupid bastard turned it down on the basis that I was cutting 4 of those 5 guys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:34 am 

Hmm... Maybe this guy can't be worked with if that's his train of thought.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:32 am 

C- McCann
C- V-Mart
1b- Pujols
1b- Teixeira
2b- Roberts
SS- Rollins
3b- Ramirez
OF- Holliday
OF- Soriano
OF- Crawford

SP- Johan
SP- Peavy
SP- Beckett
SP- Shields
SP- Dice-K
RP- K-Rod
RP- Lidge

Can you believe this? I've made a few trades that ultimately landed me Jake Peavy and Aramis Ramirez to solidify my 17 keepers heading into the draft. The only original targeted keepers that I lost were Peralta and Bedard (also traded Lopez, Ryan, Devine, Dempster, and Vazquez). Should be a record setting year for our dynasty leauge...which I already rule...muuwwahahahaha :twisted: