It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Who to keep?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:06 pm 

I'd appreciate any recommendations on my tough choices for keepers. I will be keeping Markakis ($16), Magglio ($12), J.D. Drew ($2), E. Volquez ($1) and Youkilis ($5) so I will already have 3 outfielders and would prefer to only keep one more unless keeping 2 clearly gives me more value. I can keep three of the following players:

Adam LaRoche-$1 (2 years of eligibility)
Johny Cueto-$6 (2 years)
Adam Wainwright-$11 (1 year)
Corey Hart-$10 (1 year)
Hunter Pence-$10 (1 year)
Ryan Doumit-$10 (2 years)
John Maine-$3 (1 year) - will likely keep if he looks healthy, but I must decide by March 1st
Andre Ethier-$3 (2 years)

Post subject: Re: Who to keep?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 pm 

Bananas wrote:
I'd appreciate any recommendations on my tough choices for keepers. I will be keeping Markakis ($16), Magglio ($12), J.D. Drew ($2), E. Volquez ($1) and Youkilis ($5) so I will already have 3 outfielders and would prefer to only keep one more unless keeping 2 clearly gives me more value. I can keep three of the following players:

Johny Cueto-$6 (2 years)
Corey Hart-$10 (1 year)
John Maine-$3 (1 year) - will likely keep if he looks healthy, but I must decide by March 1st

I'm getting the sense from your comment that you don't need to keep three of those players. Is that true and what's the league format?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm 

Bananas wrote:

Johny Cueto-$6 (2 years)
Corey Hart-$10 (1 year)

You've gotta make some trades. All of your best keepers are OFs. Eithier, Hart and Pence would be my keepers, and surely you can find someone to take some outfielders with nice contracts off of your hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:22 am 

Grey, we have a 12 team h2h format and count OBP, SLG, runs, rbi, sb and errors while the pitching categories are era, whip, wins, strikeouts and saves. We don't have to keep 8 players if we don't want to.

Youngid, I did try moving some of my outfielders at the end of last season, but I couldn't even get any offers let alone a decent one. My league has a pretty large jackpot and the playoff winner picks the auction location (12 people in 9 different cities from Sand Diego to NYC) so everyone is engaged, but there are usually only a handful of trades a year. I'm not sure why my league mates don't like to trade and making them in this league is usually a headache, but I should make another attempt though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 am 

Bananas wrote:
Grey, we have a 12 team h2h format and count OBP, SLG, runs, rbi, sb and errors while the pitching categories are era, whip, wins, strikeouts and saves. We don't have to keep 8 players if we don't want to.

Youngid, I did try moving some of my outfielders at the end of last season, but I couldn't even get any offers let alone a decent one. My league has a pretty large jackpot and the playoff winner picks the auction location (12 people in 9 different cities from Sand Diego to NYC) so everyone is engaged, but there are usually only a handful of trades a year. I'm not sure why my league mates don't like to trade and making them in this league is usually a headache, but I should make another attempt though.

I agree with Youngid. The OFs are your best bet. I'd try to trade some of them again, if you can't make it happen. If you use 5 OFs and not three or four, I'd hold Pence, Hart and Maine. Let Ethier go back into the pool. If you use 3 OFs and a UT, I'd hold Hart and Maine and let Pence go.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 pm 

Grey, we do have 5 outfielders and a UT. It looks like Hart, Pence and Maine are the way to go if I can't move anyone. There are a couple of teams that seem like good trading partners and I'll give them a try.

Thanks, Bananas