How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
forelsu
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 pm

How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby forelsu » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:19 pm

If I have J.Santana at $36 for 2009 and $41 for 2010, and I'm looking to trade him..... at what point do you start sacrificing talent for $ savings?

Santana ($36) for.....

Quentin ($10) ?
Youkilis ($2) ?
Sizemore ($26) ?
Bay ($11) ?
Victorino ($9) ?

These are just a few examples of possible options. I could always get a group of players but I don't want to do that. This is a new element to fantasy baseball that I'm unsure about.

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33722
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby Grey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:36 pm

forelsu wrote:If I have J.Santana at $36 for 2009 and $41 for 2010, and I'm looking to trade him..... at what point do you start sacrificing talent for $ savings?

Santana ($36) for.....

Quentin ($10) ?
Youkilis ($2) ?
Sizemore ($26) ?
Bay ($11) ?
Victorino ($9) ?

These are just a few examples of possible options. I could always get a group of players but I don't want to do that. This is a new element to fantasy baseball that I'm unsure about.


I like Sizemore more than Johan if they were priced the same, so I'd make that trade in a second. The rest are trickier. I could see making the Quentin trade in the right circumstances. It's hard to say because I don't know the rest of your team scenario. The rest of the guys would need some more players to sweeten the pot.

Also, you can simply put Johan back in the pool of players and try and draft him back to your team for less $, right?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

forelsu
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby forelsu » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Here is our league....

archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mlb/2008/7274

I'm the Chinese Bandits.

I also did a little spreadsheet...

spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pYrbHCk8Me7Z9_V-mqYFAJA

My team is in gold, the players I'd like to target are in purple and the players I'm leaning toward keeping are in red.

This spreadsheet is sorted by the difference in value between what they were bought for last year and CBS's early auction values for 2009.

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33722
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby Grey » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:07 pm

forelsu wrote:Here is our league....

archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/mlb/2008/7274

I'm the Chinese Bandits.

I also did a little spreadsheet...

spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pYrbHCk8Me7Z9_V-mqYFAJA

My team is in gold, the players I'd like to target are in purple and the players I'm leaning toward keeping are in red.

This spreadsheet is sorted by the difference in value between what they were bought for last year and CBS's early auction values for 2009.


The first link is for league members only.

Nice spreadsheet though. Rudy would be proud of you. He loves spreadsheets.

Okay, still like the Sizemore or Quentin deal. Have you tried that?

What about Youuuuk and Kemp from the BB's? Think they'll go for it?

The BC's didn't seem like they had anyone but Victorino. Wood's not really someone you want.

And J and J has Sabathia to go with Bay, but they're not going to want to make that trade.

Basically you don't have that many options. What other trades are you thinking about?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

youngid
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:02 pm

Re: How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby youngid » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:06 pm

I'd trade Santana for Quentin, Sizemore or Youk, and maybe even for Victorino.

You'll get at most $10 of value - price out of Santana this year, so if you think Quentin is worth $20 (yes), Sizemore is worth $36 (yes), Youk is worth $12 (yes) or Victorino is worth $19 (probably) then I'd make the deal.

If you trade him for Youk, you'll have $34 left to find another pitcher. That would buy you someone great, let's say Halladay. Youk and Halladay for Santana? I'd make that deal in a second. The financial flex you get from giving away a high priced pitcher will be worth it.

forelsu
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby forelsu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 am

So... Youk, Sizemore, Quentin and maybe Victorino.... Kemp, too.

Based on the spreadsheet above, are they any more good options?

The team Young Bucks is loaded. Hamilton ($10), Longoria ($7), Harden ($2), Marmol ($1), Kinsler ($11), Pedroia ($10) to name a few.... It's going to be hard to trade with him since I have no leverage. He doesn't need Santana at any price. That's why I thought about the Youkilis, Sizemore, etc. crew.

What do you guys think about the Pick of the Litter's top 3 keepers (valuewise) (other than McLouth)
Billingsley ($6)
Alexei Ramirez ($10)
Stephen Drew ($5)

I would surely like to have either Drew or Ramirez over Jeter at $16.

User avatar
Grey
Posts: 33722
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: How to trade during the offseason in a keeper auction league

Postby Grey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:59 am

forelsu wrote:So... Youk, Sizemore, Quentin and maybe Victorino.... Kemp, too.

Based on the spreadsheet above, are they any more good options?

The team Young Bucks is loaded. Hamilton ($10), Longoria ($7), Harden ($2), Marmol ($1), Kinsler ($11), Pedroia ($10) to name a few.... It's going to be hard to trade with him since I have no leverage. He doesn't need Santana at any price. That's why I thought about the Youkilis, Sizemore, etc. crew.

What do you guys think about the Pick of the Litter's top 3 keepers (valuewise) (other than McLouth)
Billingsley ($6)
Alexei Ramirez ($10)
Stephen Drew ($5)

I would surely like to have either Drew or Ramirez over Jeter at $16.


I like...

Billingsley ($6)
Alexei Ramirez ($10)
Stephen Drew ($5)

...a lot, and they would be better than Jeter at $16. Can you wrangle any of these players away from Litter?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com
Image

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.


Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests