It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Alexei Ramirez RD 23 versus Joey Votto RD 23 ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:17 pm 

I drafted Alexei Ramirez in Round 23 last season. For whatever reason, in week 3, another owner dropped Joey Votto. I quickly scooped him up, he remained on my team the rest of the season.

This is a keeper league... whichever one I choose, I give up Round 23 in our 2009 draft in March...

Alexei is 2B-SS-OF eligible... but the following 2B's will be available in the draft: Cano, Pedroia, Uggla, Kelly Johnson, and Alexei again if I let him go back.

Votto is 1B eligible... the following 1B's would be available to me based on my draft spot: Derrek Lee, Delgado, Atkins, Pena, and Loney.

I am very high on Votto this year and believe he outperforms any of those 1B's I mentioned. I also believe I could re-draft Alexei in either round 4 or round 5 (In Round 5, I have 2 picks due to an off-season trade).

If I kept Votto... my keepers would look like: (You keep 6 max)

Grady Sizemore Round 2
Matt Holliday Round 3
Evan Longoria Round 21
Joey Votto Round 23
Tim Lincecum Round 6
Chad Billingsley Round 12

Post subject: Re: Alexei Ramirez RD 23 versus Joey Votto RD 23 ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm 

I'd keep Votto.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:18 pm 

Appreciate your opinion Grey...

Another question...

Is your opinion high enough of Alexei Ramirez in RD 23 to keep over Holliday in RD 3?

And I have Billingsley and Gallardo both in RD 12, I'm currently keeping Billingsley, any reason to switch over to Gallardo?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm 

Tony B. wrote:
Is your opinion high enough of Alexei Ramirez in RD 23 to keep over Holliday in RD 3?
I'd stick with Holliday. (It's not an easy decision though.)

Quote:
And I have Billingsley and Gallardo both in RD 12, I'm currently keeping Billingsley, any reason to switch over to Gallardo?
I'd stick with Billingsley.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.