who to keep

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
alecwhite1993

who to keep

Postby alecwhite1993 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:45 pm

in a ten team keeper league which player would you keep B.J. Upton or Alexei Ramirez

Grey

Re: who to keep

Postby Grey » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Upton
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

etnamets

Postby etnamets » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm wondering how close this question/answer might be. Upton is now an outfielder(correct me if I'm wrong)& Ramirez is a 2B soon to be SS. That narrows the gap quite a bit for me if I'm choosing players. Upton is an above average OF now while Ramirez will be a very useful/interesting option once he begins playing shortstop. I actually like Alexi's potential a bit more for fantasy action. As a Mets fan, I'd rather have Upton than Ramirez.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:39 pm

etnamets wrote:I'm wondering how close this question/answer might be. Upton is now an outfielder(correct me if I'm wrong)& Ramirez is a 2B soon to be SS. That narrows the gap quite a bit for me if I'm choosing players. Upton is an above average OF now while Ramirez will be a very useful/interesting option once he begins playing shortstop. I actually like Alexi's potential a bit more for fantasy action. As a Mets fan, I'd rather have Upton than Ramirez.

As a 22 year-old, Upton hit 24 HRs. He admitted to a shoulder issue last year that should be gone this year. Alexei's not going to sniff Upton's speed, but he could challenge him in power. Alexei has question marks about a sophomore slump too. I'd put Alexei at 20/12 with downside and I'd put Upton at 17/37 with upside. Leaving me wanting Upton by a lot, even with OF eligibility.
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

big o
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby big o » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:06 pm

alexei seems stuck in that "nobody walks off the island" mode.

youngid

Postby youngid » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm

walks aren't a fantasy category.

Even so, Upton by a mile.

big o
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby big o » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:21 pm

for real ?

youngid

Postby youngid » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Hmm, just read my last reply, and apparently I'm a dick. Internet anonymity, you make me bold. Sorry about that.

big o
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby big o » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 am

maybe i should have specifically said that alexei is too free of a swinger and that it might be to his detriment if he doesn't take advantage of improving his walk rate.
i wanted to point out that this is a recognizable trait among foreign-born latin ballplayers (and a familiar saying).
in no way did i mean to offend the people of the great island of australia , or their kiwi neighbors.

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”