It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: the van buren boys keepers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:57 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

alright I inherited a last place keeper team a few days ago and have spent my time since hitting the trade wire? hard to get a respectable team. this is what i got

6x6 roto can keep up to 6 players you lose the draft pick in the round the player was originally drafted

keepers
Chase Utley (Rd 1)
Grady Sizemore (Rd 2)
Dan Haren (Rd 8)
Jake Peavy SP (3rd Rd)

not sure on
Aubrey Huff (FA) 11th round (i got no clue on him)
Francisco Rodriguez (Rd 3) (hate taking $11? salads )
Alex Gordon (6th Rd) (probably a bad move but this guy is like Seinfeld to me no matter how many times i see him still got to watch)

the rest of my team is not even worth mentioning

thanks for thoughts and opinions anyone

"I need to think something lasts forever, and it might as well be that state of being that is a game; it might as well be that, in a green field, in the sun. " Bartlett Giamatti

Post subject: Re: the van buren boys keepers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:24 pm 

I'm not 100% sure I'd keep Peavy, if I were you. As for the rest, keep Huff for sure, and probably Gordon if there are more than 30 players being kept in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm 

tigerdeathhouse wrote:
alright I inherited a last place keeper team a few days ago and have spent my time since hitting the trade wire? hard to get a respectable team. this is what i got

6x6 roto can keep up to 6 players you lose the draft pick in the round the player was originally drafted

keepers
Chase Utley (Rd 1)
Grady Sizemore (Rd 2)
Dan Haren (Rd 8)
Jake Peavy SP (3rd Rd)

not sure on
Aubrey Huff (FA) 11th round (i got no clue on him)
Francisco Rodriguez (Rd 3) (hate taking $11? salads )
Alex Gordon (6th Rd) (probably a bad move but this guy is like Seinfeld to me no matter how many times i see him still got to watch)

the rest of my team is not even worth mentioning

thanks for thoughts and opinions anyone

I like Gordon still and called him a sleeper for 2009 earlier this month (or maybe it was in December, search the site for it), but he can be had later than the 6th round. I'd throw him back.

You don't want to keep K-Rod with a 3rd round pick. You can grab a bunch of closers later and be fine.

Huff... Well, I'm not crazy about him, but as an 11th round, you have to keep him. I'd keep Peavy, as well.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm 

I have my reservations about Peavy too, especially if he leaves petco. If he only has a decent year this year, I would consider punting him from my own team.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:09 pm 

Grey wrote:

I like Gordon still and called him a sleeper for 2009 earlier this month (or maybe it was in December, search the site for it), but he can be had later than the 6th round. I'd throw him back.

If everyone in the league keeps five guys, 6th round is essentially 9th round, so keeping Gordon isn't that bad of an idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

thanks for the advice guys

"I need to think something lasts forever, and it might as well be that state of being that is a game; it might as well be that, in a green field, in the sun. " Bartlett Giamatti