It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Desperate week ahead
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:07 am 

Here's my team - C-BMolina, 1B-Howard, 2B-Wigginton, 3B-ARod, SS-Hardy, 4 OF - Hamilton, Braun, Span, Maybin, DH - Konerko, 4 SP (see pitchers below & question 1), 2 RP - Nathan and Wood (maybe Rowland-Smith instead of Wood for 2 starts).

Weekly lineups. I'm in 2nd place and only behind 1st by 2pts. Here are the cats that are close

Avg - next point = .2858, me - .2849, point behind me = .2847 ---- possibly 1 point to gain, or lose
R - me = 866, point behind me = 861
RBI - me = 904, 1st place team = 902
SB - me = 119, next point = 122

ERA - next point = 3.29, me = 3.34, ERA behind me = 3.53 (not in fear of dropping this low)
S - me = 73, behind me = 72, next point behind = 71 and then someone at 70
W - 2 points ahead = 70, next point = 67, me = 65, 1st place team = 64, 2 points behind = 63

I need to gain 2 or more points while holding off 1st place team and others. I need RBI and W to hold off the 1st place team. at the same time i need SB and W to make a big push.

We start 4 SP and 2 RP. Here are my pitchers:

Hamels - 2 starts - vs ATL, vs WSH - STARTING
R Johnson - 2 starts - @ STL, vs COL
Meche - 2 starts - @ DET, @ MIN
Halladay - vs NYY
Cain - vs LAD
Lackey - vs TEX
Sabathia - vs PIT
Rowland-Smith - 2 starts - vs LAA, vs OAK (he is RP eligible, can slot him in to get 2 starts)

My dilemma is the 1st place team is right on my tail in W. He has 10 starts this week, 2 each from Harden, Cliff Lee, Nolasco, Johan Santana, Wellemeyer (slotted in at RP).

1. Do I go with 9 potential starts with Hamels, RJ, Meche, Halladay and Rowland-Smith (in at RP, means Kerry Wood will sit)

2. If not, who do I start? I need wins.

3. Who of these FA can help me with AVG., R, RBI and SB? And where do they start in my lineup?

DeJesus, Teahan, Garko, Garret Anderson, Amezaga, Bourn, Morgan, Velez, Asdrubal Cabrera, Cunningham, Byrd

Thanks for your help. Sorry this is probably confusing.

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
4 of - bruce 22, span 1, pagan 4, byrd 4
dh- encarnacion 7

4 sp- felix 28, ross 20, iwakuma 7, vargas 1
2 rp- benoit 4, kimbrel 24

reserve batters - Goldy 10, segura 7, werth 9, revere 1, francisco 1, howard 12
reserver pitchers - hudson 1, ryu 10, romo 20, darvish 31

Post subject: Re: Desperate week ahead
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:34 am 

ticklesack wrote:
Here's my team - C-BMolina, 1B-Howard, 2B-Wigginton, 3B-ARod, SS-Hardy, 4 OF - Hamilton, Braun, Span, Maybin, DH - Konerko, 4 SP (see pitchers below & question 1), 2 RP - Nathan and Wood (maybe Rowland-Smith instead of Wood for 2 starts).

Weekly lineups. I'm in 2nd place and only behind 1st by 2pts. Here are the cats that are close

Avg - next point = .2858, me - .2849, point behind me = .2847 ---- possibly 1 point to gain, or lose
R - me = 866, point behind me = 861
RBI - me = 904, 1st place team = 902
SB - me = 119, next point = 122

ERA - next point = 3.29, me = 3.34, ERA behind me = 3.53 (not in fear of dropping this low)
S - me = 73, behind me = 72, next point behind = 71 and then someone at 70
W - 2 points ahead = 70, next point = 67, me = 65, 1st place team = 64, 2 points behind = 63

I need to gain 2 or more points while holding off 1st place team and others. I need RBI and W to hold off the 1st place team. at the same time i need SB and W to make a big push.

We start 4 SP and 2 RP. Here are my pitchers:

Hamels - 2 starts - vs ATL, vs WSH - STARTING
R Johnson - 2 starts - @ STL, vs COL
Meche - 2 starts - @ DET, @ MIN
Halladay - vs NYY
Cain - vs LAD
Lackey - vs TEX
Sabathia - vs PIT
Rowland-Smith - 2 starts - vs LAA, vs OAK (he is RP eligible, can slot him in to get 2 starts)

My dilemma is the 1st place team is right on my tail in W. He has 10 starts this week, 2 each from Harden, Cliff Lee, Nolasco, Johan Santana, Wellemeyer (slotted in at RP).

1. Do I go with 9 potential starts with Hamels, RJ, Meche, Halladay and Rowland-Smith (in at RP, means Kerry Wood will sit)

2. If not, who do I start? I need wins.

3. Who of these FA can help me with AVG., R, RBI and SB? And where do they start in my lineup?

DeJesus, Teahan, Garko, Garret Anderson, Amezaga, Bourn, Morgan, Velez, Asdrubal Cabrera, Cunningham, Byrd

Thanks for your help. Sorry this is probably confusing.

I don't think you should risk sitting Wood and losing those possible saves. Start Hamels, RJ, Meche and Sabathia.

Now get rid of Wigginton for Velez and go with Bourn over Maybin. Let me know what you think.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:47 am 

You like Sabathia over Halladay? Halladay going for his 20th win. OR am I starting CC in case he gets 2 starts this week?

13 team standard 5x5 league, 2014 salaries listed. Add $3 to keep a player each year (prices are updated for current year). Can only keep $200 worth of players before the 2015 draft, but will have $300 cap after.

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:54 am 

well nevermind i guess. i'm fucking pissed off. last night before i went to bed i looked at cbssportsline's "MLB Games" tab and it showed first game today was at 6pm. evidently the first game is at noon and lineups locked 30 mins before gametime. i wasn't able to add/drop velez and put him in for wigginton. also, i hadn't dropped adam laroche and put him in for konerko. what a shitty way to go down!!!!

here's my lineup for the week:

c-molina, 1b-howard, 2b-wigginton, 3b-arod, ss-hardy, 4 of - braun, hamilton, span and maybin, dh-laroche, 4 sp-halladay, hamels, meche and RJ, 2 RP - nathan and wood

i've asked if someone will make the changes before the games start. i doubt they will because other teams will cry about it. fucking sucks!!!

c- zunino $1
1b-AGonz 25
2b- daniel murphy 10
3b- beltre 33
ss - rollins 1
dh- encarnacion 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:02 am 

That does suck, but you still have a chance. Hopefully your guys come through.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.