It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Fuck you, Scott Downs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Oh absolutely. I'd prefer now to play a format where starters are an integral part and you have to manage innings etc and where it's what happens over the whole season that counts.
I really only went relievers-only because it seemed like an interesting theory to try - and the league set-up made it do-able.
I'd won the league twice streaming and not streaming so wanted to try something different - and hardcore streaming is just too muck work.
All in all, essentially giving away two categories a week, I'm reasonably happy to get to the semis - pretty annoyed to lose (to a team that essentially got lucky dammit!) of course, but that's what can happen.
Looks like I'll have a whole new set of questions for you next year!
Big one for now is - do I bother playing for 3rd?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:56 pm 

You gotta play for third.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:14 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeah - need something to do while I'm at work!

Although work is a good deal less stressful...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Gotta say that it makes me feel slightly better about losing last week that the three players primarily responsible for my downfall - A-Gonz, Cantu, The Dribble - have stayed red-hot.

Would have been too much to take if they'd and haven't gone ice-cold as soon as they finished with me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:39 pm 

Whatever gets you through those sleepless nights. (I would put a winking smiley face here if I did that sorta thing.)

"The Dribble" -- nice!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:44 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

A-Gonz is as hot as a hot thing.

Where did that come from?

Funnily enough, I quite often mull over my roster in my head when I close my eyes - it keeps me awake for all of about 30 seconds.

Does that mean my team is yawnstipating?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 pm 

Came out of thin air, just as his cold streak did.

How's your run at third going?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:03 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Pretty well so far. Although it seems like I've cooled Upton off and Pena naturally Sonavabenched me (his numbers vs Beckett are horrible). Only 12 days to go...

Attachments:
playoff.GIF
playoff.GIF [ 13.43 KiB | Viewed 94 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:20 pm 

Looking good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6