It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lots of PLAYOFF help neeeded
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:25 pm 

I've pitched 30 2/3 innings...I know this is far fetched but if I get another 17 innings from billingsley, halladay, and then all my RP through sunday, while allowing 2 ER that would bring my ERA down to 3.02 which would be good enough to win ERA...whip will be a lot harder but its still not entirely out of the question...I guess i'll see how billingsleys start goes today before I decide whether or not to start carmona tomorrow and also pick up another pitcher

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:28 pm 

Sounds good.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:24 pm 

Just a little update on my matchup....I pulled off the comeback...actually it was rediculous...I needed to overtake ERA and WHIP to win the matchup...I had Zambrano left...and needless to say the only way I woulda won ERA and WHIP was if Zambrano pitched a no hitter...that incredibly clutch performance won me ERA 4.14 to 4.15.......I couldn't believe it when I calculated it

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:27 pm 

That is absolutely insane.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:37 pm 

ya....so now it's championship time...it's actually a rematch of last years championship game which I lost unfortunately...last year I was in first all season and then lost to this guy in the finals...this year he was in 1st all year....I'm going to list our lineups below...any suggestions on moves I should make so that I can redeem myself and have bragging rights for the rest of the year? it's a yahoo league so it's a 2 week finals

ME - Mauer, A. Gonzalez, BJ Upton, Reyes, Encarnacion, Dunn, Hart, Rios, Tex, Figgins
Billingsley, Guthrie, Halladay, Buehrle, Zambrano, Carmona, Beckett, BJ Ryan, Ayala, M. Gonzalez, Ziegler

HIM - Soto, Morneau, Alexei Ramirez, Chipper, Michael Young, Holliday, Kemp, Beltran, McLouth, Cantu
Webb, Maholm, Scherzer, Nolasco, Dice-K, Liriano, Moyer, Morrow, Gregg, Sherrill, Jenks, Jensen Lewis

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:49 pm 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
ME - Mauer, A. Gonzalez, BJ Upton, Reyes, Encarnacion, Dunn, Hart, Rios, Tex, Figgins
Billingsley, Guthrie, Halladay, Buehrle, Zambrano, Carmona, Beckett, BJ Ryan, Ayala, M. Gonzalez, Ziegler

HIM - Soto, Morneau, Alexei Ramirez, Chipper, Michael Young, Holliday, Kemp, Beltran, McLouth, Cantu
Webb, Maholm, Scherzer, Nolasco, Dice-K, Liriano, Moyer, Morrow, Gregg, Sherrill, Jenks, Jensen Lewis

You probably know this already, but his team is better. You're going to have to scratch every point you can out of this. Too bad I think this is the league with the limit to free agent pickups because that would be your best tactic. Am I right?

I need more info to fully help. Who's available? How many moves can you do?

Also, Guthrie isn't going to help you any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 pm 

Ya, I can make 2 adds per week...its a standard 10 category h2h so I might try to go after certain categories for a 5-4 victory...I know I can probably win SBs cause I usually dominate that every week...I will probably also beat in him saves although hes good there but I'm confident...should I just pitch as many pitchers as I can and try to win W, SV, K? Or pitch as few starters as possible and go after SV, ERA, and WHIP? 27 IP min btw...here's who's available

Ethier, Winn, Werth, Cameron, Chris Young, Taylor Bucholz, Wakefield, Bush, Meche, Masterson, Wandy, etc.

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I'd say you've gotta grab Ethier. He's been off the last two days cos his wife inconveniently decided to give birth (yes, Grey, I'm still bitter!), but he's been the hottest hitter in baseball over the last month. I curse him when he starts a game 0-2, but inevitably he ends up with a 2-4 with a couple of runs scored.

Buchholz is also handy because he's s solid MR that has SP eligibility (at least in my league he does).

EDIT: Ethier is off again today, BTW.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:08 pm 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
Ya, I can make 2 adds per week...its a standard 10 category h2h so I might try to go after certain categories for a 5-4 victory...I know I can probably win SBs cause I usually dominate that every week...I will probably also beat in him saves although hes good there but I'm confident...should I just pitch as many pitchers as I can and try to win W, SV, K? Or pitch as few starters as possible and go after SV, ERA, and WHIP? 27 IP min btw...here's who's available

Ethier, Winn, Werth, Cameron, Chris Young, Taylor Bucholz, Wakefield, Bush, Meche, Masterson, Wandy, etc.

Ethier's supposed to be back tonight, but since he's not yet, I wouldn't trust him.

I think I'm going to advise you to drop Guthrie for Young, but I'd hold for right now to see how tonight pans out for your team and his. You can't add anyone right now for tonight's games anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:01 pm 

ok so after day 1 of 14 here's how the matchup looks

ME - 6/16, 4 runs, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 0 SB, .375 AVG
HIM - 4/33, 2 runs, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 0 SB, .121 AVG

ME - 6 IP, 0 W, 0 SV, 6 K, 3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
HIM - 6 IP, 1 W, 1 SV, 8 K, 3.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP

Guthrie was placed on the DL so I have a free roster spot to add someone

BN - Gattis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next