It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 4th and 5th Pitchers for 2 week period
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:56 am 

That's good to know and contrary to what Scully said last night. Damn you, Scully!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:19 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Scully's probably right anyway. He's the real man in charge.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:44 pm 

Imagine he retired and they announced that all this time he was actually running the club? Lasorda, Colletti, Tracy, Little, Torre, etc... They were all figureheads. Wow, this is a real scoop!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Well, it's true and you heard it here first.

Speaking of things that are true, the Dodgers are going to the playoffs, which is great and all, but more importantly, Peavy could be pitching against quite a formidable offense consisting of Ardoin, Sweeney, Hu, Berroa, DeWitt, Pierre, Repko, and maybe Ethier/Kemp/Manny. I could use a complete game shutout, and I think this has got to Peavy's best opportunity all year.

Of course, all of this assumes Scully was wrong, and considering how implausible that is, I might as well give up now.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:31 pm 

Number of times Scully says something to the effect, "Hu's on 1st," over/under 5. You wanna piece of the action?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:55 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Man, that is tempting... I'll take under. Hu played enough last year that Scully should have gotten it out of his system, and Scully's all about the new so I don't think that he would employ a joke more than twice during one broadcast.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:02 pm 

Oh, right! I was thinking of Steve "Psycho" Lyons who never gets sick of a joke. And Charley Steiner who finds it possible to laugh every single time. Please don't die, Scully!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Scully was right... Ardoin is the only player I would consider a replacement- Loney, Kent, Furcal, Blake, Ethier, Manny and Kemp. Fuels the conspiracy theory, right?

Speaking of jokes getting old, Rex Hudler doesn't seem to think announcing a baseball game as if it's the X-Games has gotten old yet. I, however, do.

Any chance of my becoming an Angels fan when I moved to Southern California was completely eliminated when I heard him talk about baseball as if it's extreme. Baseball is not extreme. That's why it rules.

(Please note that I am not sure if the color commentator for the Angels that I am thinking of is Rex. I can't get through a broadcast, so I'm not sure.)

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:59 pm 

From his head to his toes, that's how Vladdy goes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:10 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yep, that's the one. Funny that while his voice says extreme to me, his comments, such as you note, are downright silly. Like he's broadcasting for Nickelodeon.

My fantasy team is inching its way closer to, well, a second place finish. Didn't expect such a crappy outing from Peavy, I guess.

I'm looking for a miracle here!
Attachment:
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png [ 20.81 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next