It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 4th and 5th Pitchers for 2 week period
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:21 am 

royce! wrote:
So this is where I stand right now... I'm Flaming Fox! (It's a long story) and, as you can tell, like Sheff I'm getting a little ass-drubbing. Prior to Myers start yesterday I had an ERA under 3.50 and a WHIP of about 1.10, so I was trying to plan something for next week that worked off that lead, but now I'm not so sure.

I am thinking about what categories I can plan for next week. Would you consider any of his leads insurmountable, or at least not worth pursuing? I was thinking HR, RBI, and perhaps HLD. As far as the latter is concerned, he has Joba, and this week I sent out Devine, so if I were to try to catch up I would probably need to start 2 MRs, which I might actually do if he doesn't start a closer next week. (An annoying side note- every time I get a save he gets a hold. And he got a hold despite my not getting a save (NYY scores in the bottom of the 8th)). Holds are silly like that.) The flip side to this is that I would likely need to start as many 2 starters as possible to try to catch up in the other pitching categories.

One move I'm considering is Maybin, who I think could help me make a run at SB.

I plan to post more substantive and specific Qs either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, but just as a general issue does anything jump out as something I should pursue or punt?

I don't think you should punt anything just yet.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:23 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Okay, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Just wanted to add some good news

"The Padres scratched Jake Peavy from his scheduled Friday start so he could fly to San Diego to be with his wife, who was in labor with their third child, according to the team's official Web site. Peavy will rejoin the team in time to start on Tuesday, and manager Bud Black didn't rule out having Peavy pitch the regular-season finale on Sept. 28, too."

Not only would that make Peavy a 2 starter for me, but I'm going to the season finale so I'd have a much greater chance of seeing a win (and hopefully catch Trevor Time) that if Hayhurst or some other schmohawk were given the start.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:06 pm 

Awesome, that's great news.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:16 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Now for some not so great news: Hanley's still out, and isn't coming back until at least Monday, and Gonzalez isn't willing to say he'll even be back at all (http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/baseb ... 95250.html).

Steven Drew is the best available backup SS. His splits for next week are pretty good as well- hits righties better, and will be facing 7 of em. Also, he's playing 4 @ STL and 3 v. COL. OPS v. STL: 1.714. OPS v. COL: 1.125 (and most of the damage has been done at Chase, b/c his OPS at Coors is like .848).

So, all that said, should I bench Hanley in favor of Drew for the last week of the finals?

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:26 am 

Yeah, you gotta go with Drew. You can't risk Hanley not playing this week, just as the Marlins are not going to risk their prized possession.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:50 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

That's what I figured, but boy does it bum me out benching Hanley. Oh well! Moving on...

I'm currently behind in IP 26 to 24.1, and he has 3 starts today to my 2, so by the end of the day I expect to be down ≥1 start. I'm also back by 14 K, and that could balloon. By my count he'll have 8-9 starts next week, so if I want to pursue IP and Ks I have to start as many 2 starters as possible. Luckily, I have a lot of them. Peavy and Nolasco are definite. I think Harang is as well.

Therefore, to finally get to a question, what two between Bush, Lohse, and Garza should I start? I'm thinking Bush and Lohse.

EDIT: However, Garza's going against Bass and Miner, while Lohse has Randy johnson and Volquez, so I'm torn.

Attachments:
Picture 5.png
Picture 5.png [ 46.83 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Last edited by royce! on Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:56 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Another Q: My opponent has picked up Jensen Lewis, but I have a feeling that he won't try for saves, b/c I currently have Broxton and Rivera slotted in my RP spots and a 2-0 lead, which I think will deter an urge to make a run for it. Therefore, if he doesn't make a change before the end of the day, I'm thinking of filling my RP spots with 2 MRs.

But which two?:

Grant Balfour (@BAL-4, @DET-4)
Rafael Pérez (@BOS-4, @CHW-3)
Arredondo (@SEA-4, TEX-3)
Devine (@TEX-3, @SEA-3)
Cory Wade (SD-3, @SF-3)

I was thinking Balfour and Arredondo, just to have as many chances as possible, but Devine treated me well last week...

Another option would be to use one and hope that he can outproduce Joba, and then use Jobacum to get one start with a bunch of Ks.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:21 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Sorry to pile on the Qs, but should I hold on to Shoppach over V-Mart? V-Mart's been hotter over the last week, and starting him would cut down on my Ks, at least.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:46 pm 

royce! wrote:
That's what I figured, but boy does it bum me out benching Hanley. Oh well! Moving on...

I'm currently behind in IP 26 to 24.1, and he has 3 starts today to my 2, so by the end of the day I expect to be down ≥1 start. I'm also back by 14 K, and that could balloon. By my count he'll have 8-9 starts next week, so if I want to pursue IP and Ks I have to start as many 2 starters as possible. Luckily, I have a lot of them. Peavy and Nolasco are definite. I think Harang is as well.

Therefore, to finally get to a question, what two between Bush, Lohse, and Garza should I start? I'm thinking Bush and Lohse.

EDIT: However, Garza's going against Bass and Miner, while Lohse has Randy johnson and Volquez, so I'm torn.

First I wrote this, I'd go Bush and Garza. Though I don't trust Garza really either, but I trust Lohse less.

Then I wrote, I don't like any of them.

Then I decided Bush and Lohse was the way to go. Do you see how much I dislike all three of these? Eh, go Bush and Lohse.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:48 pm 

royce! wrote:
Another Q: My opponent has picked up Jensen Lewis, but I have a feeling that he won't try for saves, b/c I currently have Broxton and Rivera slotted in my RP spots and a 2-0 lead, which I think will deter an urge to make a run for it. Therefore, if he doesn't make a change before the end of the day, I'm thinking of filling my RP spots with 2 MRs.

But which two?:

Grant Balfour (@BAL-4, @DET-4)
Rafael Pérez (@BOS-4, @CHW-3)
Arredondo (@SEA-4, TEX-3)
Devine (@TEX-3, @SEA-3)
Cory Wade (SD-3, @SF-3)

I was thinking Balfour and Arredondo, just to have as many chances as possible, but Devine treated me well last week...

Another option would be to use one and hope that he can outproduce Joba, and then use Jobacum to get one start with a bunch of Ks.

I like the 2nd option better. Go Balfour and Jobacum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next