It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 4th and 5th Pitchers for 2 week period
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:22 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I still have Lackey on my team and realized that I won't likely use him again, therefore I'm looking to pick up a 2 start pitcher for next week, not necessarily to use, instead mostly to take one away from my opponent (and then probably drop on Sunday to pick up a MR).

The options are:

Wellemeyer (ARI and CIN)
Ubaldo (@ ARI and @ SF)
Lohse (ARI and CIN)
J Sanchez (COL and LAD)

Wellemeyer just gave up 3 HRs to CIN in the bottom of the 4th, so I think I can leave him alone.

The remainder have looked decent lately, and I'm thinking Lohse for now, and if I'm desperate for Ks I can drop him for J. Sanchez. So far I'm winning ERA 3.31 to 7.02 and WHIP 1.16 to 1.98, but he has 17 K and I only have 9, so if that trend continues I might have to do so.

Any thoughts?

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:29 pm 

royce! wrote:
I still have Lackey on my team and realized that I won't likely use him again, therefore I'm looking to pick up a 2 start pitcher for next week, not necessarily to use, instead mostly to take one away from my opponent (and then probably drop on Sunday to pick up a MR).

The options are:

Wellemeyer (ARI and CIN)
Ubaldo (@ ARI and @ SF)
Lohse (ARI and CIN)
J Sanchez (COL and LAD)

Wellemeyer just gave up 3 HRs to CIN in the bottom of the 4th, so I think I can leave him alone.

The remainder have looked decent lately, and I'm thinking Lohse for now, and if I'm desperate for Ks I can drop him for J. Sanchez. So far I'm winning ERA 3.31 to 7.02 and WHIP 1.16 to 1.98, but he has 17 K and I only have 9, so if that trend continues I might have to do so.

Any thoughts?

So you want the starter that your opponent might pickup and get a good game out of to block him? I'd go Lohse, Ubaldo, Sanchez then Wellemeyer.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yeah, exactly. Unless my ERA and WHIP lead is so great that I can afford to pitch someone like Sanchez or Jimenez. But for the time being I want to block him picking up someone who could give him two good starts in ERA and WHIP, so, as you advise, I'm picking up Lohse.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

He just made a move I can't explain. He dropped Morrow, which is very understandable, and picked up David Price. Right now, going into next week I expect he'll have a slight lead in K, IP, and possibly W and HLD, but I expect to overtake him in the former three next week, so I don't understand this move at all. Is Price even getting a start next week?

Most insulting about this is that he is currently destroying me 11-4. I could take the drubbing if he wasn't making silly moves like this. I don't think he's trying to make me look like a jerk, but it sure is working. Of course, its more his Ortiz, Manny and Beltran that are doing the work, giving him the time to just sit back and laugh.

You were right. H2H playoffs suck. Or at least until I pull ahead sometime next week.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:30 am 

royce! wrote:
He just made a move I can't explain. He dropped Morrow, which is very understandable, and picked up David Price. Right now, going into next week I expect he'll have a slight lead in K, IP, and possibly W and HLD, but I expect to overtake him in the former three next week, so I don't understand this move at all. Is Price even getting a start next week?

Most insulting about this is that he is currently destroying me 11-4. I could take the drubbing if he wasn't making silly moves like this. I don't think he's trying to make me look like a jerk, but it sure is working. Of course, its more his Ortiz, Manny and Beltran that are doing the work, giving him the time to just sit back and laugh.

You were right. H2H playoffs suck. Or at least until I pull ahead sometime next week.

He probably saw that you were trying to counter him in advance and he was thinking of getting Price before you did. Price should get one start next week.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yeah, I suppose it could be an attempt at lowering his ERA and WHIP, which are ungodly right now.

I'm attaching my current roster, mostly b/c I just figured out how to do a screen capture. I know, I'm so behind on this tech shizz.

Attachments:
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png [ 61.89 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png [ 73.94 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:59 am 

Pretty cool. I don't even know how to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:21 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I was about to ask in the comments but felt like an idiot. I use a mac, and learned here: http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/secretcapture.html

Before I get into my plans and questions for next week, I just want you to get an idea of what I plan to do to my opponent next week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY

Btw, he's Stingray. I'm whoever that other dude is.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:55 pm 

I can say this with confidence, that is the best fight video.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:15 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

So this is where I stand right now... I'm Flaming Fox! (It's a long story) and, as you can tell, like Sheff I'm getting a little ass-drubbing. Prior to Myers start yesterday I had an ERA under 3.50 and a WHIP of about 1.10, so I was trying to plan something for next week that worked off that lead, but now I'm not so sure.

I am thinking about what categories I can plan for next week. Would you consider any of his leads insurmountable, or at least not worth pursuing? I was thinking HR, RBI, and perhaps HLD. As far as the latter is concerned, he has Joba, and this week I sent out Devine, so if I were to try to catch up I would probably need to start 2 MRs, which I might actually do if he doesn't start a closer next week. (An annoying side note- every time I get a save he gets a hold. And he got a hold despite my not getting a save (NYY scores in the bottom of the 8th)). Holds are silly like that.) The flip side to this is that I would likely need to start as many 2 starters as possible to try to catch up in the other pitching categories.

One move I'm considering is Maybin, who I think could help me make a run at SB.

I plan to post more substantive and specific Qs either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, but just as a general issue does anything jump out as something I should pursue or punt?

Attachments:
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png [ 21.35 KiB | Viewed 102 times ]

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next