It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 4th and 5th Pitchers for 2 week period
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:03 pm 

I wouldn't expect any more from Hamilton and maybe 1 or 2 from Roberts. Hamilton's toast and Roberts is crap satay.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:36 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

"Crap satay"! That's disgusting! And nutty!

Yeah, I don't expect many (or any) more from either Hamilton or Roberts, but I do expect players like Hanley, Wright, Kemp, Granderson, Victorino and Cruz to produce. And maybe one from Fielder, just for shits n' giggles.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I will be able to make changes during the playoffs that will take effect in the second week. Right now I think the guy I'll be facing will have:

SP- Lee
SP- E. Santana
RP- Joba
RP- Morrow
P- Dice-K
P- Liriano
P- Litsch

I think Dice K, Morrow, and Liriano will get 2 starts, so I'm thinking of countering with:

SP- Lackey (2 starts, if he stays on regular rest)
SP- Myers (2 starts)
RP- Mariano
RP- Scherzer (1 start)
P- Volstad (2 starts)
P- Peavy
P- ???
BN- Lester (@TOR)
BN- Garza (BOS)
BN- Nolasco (HOU)

All three option for the extra spot are questionable- Lester was horrible last time he played @TOR, but when he pitched to them at home earlier this year I think he shut them out for 8 IP. Nolasco was pretty bad against HOU earlier this year, but that was at Minute Maid. Garza's last start against BOS at home was good (7 IP, 1 ER), but he was good in his last start, which I think we can agree means in the next he'll blow. Whaddya think?

EDIT: Garza starts today, so that should be his razztastic start, and then he can be great again next week! Right? I still shouldn't trust it

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:28 pm 

royce! wrote:
"Crap satay"! That's disgusting! And nutty!

Yeah, I don't expect many (or any) more from either Hamilton or Roberts, but I do expect players like Hanley, Wright, Kemp, Granderson, Victorino and Cruz to produce. And maybe one from Fielder, just for shits n' giggles.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I will be able to make changes during the playoffs that will take effect in the second week. Right now I think the guy I'll be facing will have:

SP- Lee
SP- E. Santana
RP- Joba
RP- Morrow
P- Dice-K
P- Liriano
P- Litsch

I think Dice K, Morrow, and Liriano will get 2 starts, so I'm thinking of countering with:

SP- Lackey (2 starts, if he stays on regular rest)
SP- Myers (2 starts)
RP- Mariano
RP- Scherzer (1 start)
P- Volstad (2 starts)
P- Peavy
P- ???
BN- Lester (@TOR)
BN- Garza (BOS)
BN- Nolasco (HOU)

All three option for the extra spot are questionable- Lester was horrible last time he played @TOR, but when he pitched to them at home earlier this year I think he shut them out for 8 IP. Nolasco was pretty bad against HOU earlier this year, but that was at Minute Maid. Garza's last start against BOS at home was good (7 IP, 1 ER), but he was good in his last start, which I think we can agree means in the next he'll blow. Whaddya think?

EDIT: Garza starts today, so that should be his razztastic start, and then he can be great again next week! Right? I still shouldn't trust it

It's more risky to trust a guy to be bad then good (Garza), then for a guy to just continue to be good (Lester, Nolasco).

I think you're counting on way too much from Lackey. What does he have to do? Throw 6 IP to stay sharp? Yup.

Your opponent does have some question marks so that's good. I think Nolasco and Lester should both be in your lineup and I'm leaning towards benching Lackey.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:54 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Are you leaning towards benching Lackey because you think the Angels will push back his start after next, meaning he won't pitch 2 starts in the relevant period, or because he will only pitch 6 innings per start? If its the latter, shouldn't I keep him in and hope for 12 good innings from him?

Regardless, if I drop Lackey and start Lester or Nolasco, I think I should be good, since we'd both have 9 starts.

Ervin Santana's not going to get even one start next week, though, right? http://www2.sbsun.com/sports/ci_10443329

So unless he makes a move, he'll have one less start, so I'll be golden.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:26 pm 

Let's go on what we know. The Angels have clinched, Lackey will be rested 9 days before this Tuesday and he wasn't that good the last two times out. So we're going to assume he'll pitch well on Tuesday, come back and pitch well on Sunday or are we going to assume that he'll pitch well on Tuesday then be rested a few days and come back early the following week or are we going to assume he's not going to pitch that well on Tuesday as he uses it as a warm up for the end of the season and then he takes extra time off and doesn't start twice. I'm leaning towards a combo of the last two happening. Could the first one happen (he has two great starts), I suppose, but this seems unLackey. This is your team in the end. I'm just saying, Lackey is not that safe to have a two start week let alone two good starts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:51 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yeah, I feel you. I think a combination of the latter two is most likely as well, and think that perhaps it'd be best to bench him for now and drop him later. I don't want to drop him now on the off chance that the first scenario occurs. But I think I might send him packing next week and pick up a presumed 2 starter for the week after. I was thinking Wellemeyer, but he's got ARI and CIN at home and his home splits aren't that pretty. WE'll see if I need anything next week.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:16 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Okay, apologies in advance, as this will be a long post.

Wondering if I should make any more changes before I lock in for next week.

Stats are: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, K, BB, AVG, OPS... IP, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

His team:
C- Teagarden
1B- Youk
2B- Pedroia
3B- Chipper
SS- Asdrubel
IF- Ortiz
OF- Ordonez
OF- McClouth
OF-Beltran
OF-Manny
UTIL- Choo

SP- E. Santana (0 starts)
SP- C. Lee
RP- Joba
RP- Morrow (2 starts)
P- Matsuzaka (2 starts)
P- Liriano (2 Starts)
P- Josh Johnson
BN- Putz

Mine:

C- Shoppach
1B- Teixeira
2B- K. Johnson
3B- Wright
SS- Hanley
IF- Fielder
OF- Granderson
OF- Rios
OF- Kemp
OF- Hamilton
UTIL- Nelson Cruz
BN- Markakis
BN- Victorino

SP- Nolasco
SP- Volstad (2 starts)
RP- Rivera
RP- Scherzer
P- Peavy
P- Marcum (2 starts)
P- Myers
BN- Garza
BN-Broxton
BN-Lackey
BN- Lester

Decisions re: pitchers- he seems to be punting saves, and I'm punting holds, so we'll be even there. Does it look like I'm starting the right pitchers, or should I switch out Lester for someone? And since it seems he could have more starts (if he realizes that E. Santana isn't pitching next week), should I drop someone like Garza and pick up and start a MR? Many good MRs are available- only Joba, Shields, Tony Pena, and Marmol are not available.

Decisions re: batters- at this point I'm comfortable with keeping Fielder in, since he finally seems to be warming back up. My problem is deciding which OFs to start- Hamilton, Rios, and Cruz are a lock (the latter is risky, but b/c he'll be at home, I expect good things), but who should take the last two spots? Granderson hasn't had the best week, but his month has been outstanding and he'll be at TEX and CLE and against 5 righties, all of which bodes well. Kemp has 4 @ PIT and 3 SF, Victorino has 3 @ ATL and 3 @ FLA, and is generally bad away, and Markakis has 3 @ TOR and 3 @ NYY, and, while he's been terrible lately, he has good splits at both stadiums.

Or, I could pick up Cantu or another hot bat and put him in the UTIL slot, move Cruz to OF, and then decide on one OF.

Other players available:
Brandon Wood, Blalock, Teahan, Sandoval, Abercrombie, FraGu, Velez, Carlos Gomez, Adam Jones, Travis Snider.

Well that's about it, unless anyone sees a hole I've missed.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:28 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Just wanted to add that b/c its a two week period and I think I can change my lineup for the second week, I will have Nolasco and Garza pitching two games in the second week, and he will only have C. Lee, so having exactly as many or more starts than my opponent this week is not important. Also, there are decent presumed 2 start FAs- Wellemeyer, Wandy, Harang and J. Sanchez. I also plan to pick up Kershaw for his spot start against SD at home.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:01 am 

royce! wrote:
Okay, apologies in advance, as this will be a long post.

Wondering if I should make any more changes before I lock in for next week.

Stats are: R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, K, BB, AVG, OPS... IP, W, CG, SHO, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

His team:
C- Teagarden
1B- Youk
2B- Pedroia
3B- Chipper
SS- Asdrubel
IF- Ortiz
OF- Ordonez
OF- McClouth
OF-Beltran
OF-Manny
UTIL- Choo

SP- E. Santana (0 starts)
SP- C. Lee
RP- Joba
RP- Morrow (2 starts)
P- Matsuzaka (2 starts)
P- Liriano (2 Starts)
P- Josh Johnson
BN- Putz

Mine:

C- Shoppach
1B- Teixeira
2B- K. Johnson
3B- Wright
SS- Hanley
IF- Fielder
OF- Granderson
OF- Rios
OF- Kemp
OF- Hamilton
UTIL- Nelson Cruz
BN- Markakis
BN- Victorino

SP- Nolasco
SP- Volstad (2 starts)
RP- Rivera
RP- Scherzer
P- Peavy
P- Marcum (2 starts)
P- Myers
BN- Garza
BN-Broxton
BN-Lackey
BN- Lester

Decisions re: pitchers- he seems to be punting saves, and I'm punting holds, so we'll be even there. Does it look like I'm starting the right pitchers, or should I switch out Lester for someone? And since it seems he could have more starts (if he realizes that E. Santana isn't pitching next week), should I drop someone like Garza and pick up and start a MR? Many good MRs are available- only Joba, Shields, Tony Pena, and Marmol are not available.

Decisions re: batters- at this point I'm comfortable with keeping Fielder in, since he finally seems to be warming back up. My problem is deciding which OFs to start- Hamilton, Rios, and Cruz are a lock (the latter is risky, but b/c he'll be at home, I expect good things), but who should take the last two spots? Granderson hasn't had the best week, but his month has been outstanding and he'll be at TEX and CLE and against 5 righties, all of which bodes well. Kemp has 4 @ PIT and 3 SF, Victorino has 3 @ ATL and 3 @ FLA, and is generally bad away, and Markakis has 3 @ TOR and 3 @ NYY, and, while he's been terrible lately, he has good splits at both stadiums.

Or, I could pick up Cantu or another hot bat and put him in the UTIL slot, move Cruz to OF, and then decide on one OF.

Other players available:
Brandon Wood, Blalock, Teahan, Sandoval, Abercrombie, FraGu, Velez, Carlos Gomez, Adam Jones, Travis Snider.

Well that's about it, unless anyone sees a hole I've missed.

1. Why are you holding Victorino? Is this a keeper league? If not, then drop him and grab a Holds guy. There's no reason to punt Holds, it's too easy to make a run at it.

2. Drop Garza unless you need him for his 2 start week. Grab a Holds guy.

Finally, your offense seems so much better prepared for these categories. Is there any way you're not beating him? Let's hope not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:18 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Given that the MRs I listed above are the only MRs currently taken (plus Hawkins, who is on waivers until the 17th), can you recommend a couple of em? Right now I'm considering Balfour (7 games, all at home, BOS and MIN), Arredondo, Devine (OAK hosts LAA and SEA), Wade (4 @ PIT, 3 SF), Okajima and Thornton, in that order.

Thanks for the help. And the vote of confidence in my offense.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next