It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: More keeper stuff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:38 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
6... 1400 is around 180 starts total...
Does that factor in the innings pitched by relievers?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:48 pm 

Not every starter is going to get 30 starts, and you're sit some bad starts, so, yeah, it's 6 starters and some RPs...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:13 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Had to go before the end, remaining 3 spots to be filled from the wire...

C V-Mart $11
1B Votto $46
2B Kipnis $5
3B Sandoval $11
SS Rutledge $15
CI Ike Davis $19
MI Altuve $11
OF Stanton $15
OF CarGo $20
OF Choo $18
Util Jennings $12
Util Pence $6

SP Moore $10
SP Medlen $11
SP J Zimm $20
RP Mariano $14
RP Axford $10
RP Wilhelmsen $7
P Latos $21
P Niese $3

BN Beckett $5
BN Perez $3
BN D Robertson $1
BN
BN
BN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:03 am 

Steve wrote:

C V-Mart $11
1B Votto $46
2B Kipnis $5
3B Sandoval $11
SS Rutledge $15
CI Ike Davis $19
MI Altuve $11
OF Stanton $15
OF CarGo $20
OF Choo $18
Util Jennings $12
Util Pence $6

SP Moore $10
SP Medlen $11
SP J Zimm $20
RP Mariano $14
RP Axford $10
RP Wilhelmsen $7
P Latos $21
P Niese $3

BN Beckett $5
BN Perez $3
BN D Robertson $1
BN
BN
BN

I really like the team... I think your pitching is great... Hitting will be dependent on Sandoval bouncing back and Votto staying healthy to a certain degree, and you look a little light on speed, but overall very solid...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Steve wrote:

C V-Mart $11
1B Votto $46
2B Kipnis $5
3B Sandoval $11
SS Rutledge $15
CI Ike Davis $19
MI Altuve $11
OF Stanton $15
OF CarGo $20
OF Choo $18
Util Jennings $12
Util Pence $6

SP Moore $10
SP Medlen $11
SP J Zimm $20
RP Mariano $14
RP Axford $10
RP Wilhelmsen $7
P Latos $21
P Niese $3

BN Beckett $5
BN Perez $3
BN D Robertson $1
BN
BN
BN

I really like the team... I think your pitching is great... Hitting will be dependent on Sandoval bouncing back and Votto staying healthy to a certain degree, and you look a little light on speed, but overall very solid...

Fowler, Marte or Pagan for a speed boost?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:28 pm 

Marte

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:42 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks. Was thinking Pagan but take a shot at upside, right?

Also, grabbed Cuddyer as some In Case Ike Sucks insurance. Reddick still out there too, but figured I have enough K merchants already...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:30 pm 

Cool on Cuddyer... Yeah, take a shot on upside with Marte, plus he has more speed...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:33 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Steve wrote:

C V-Mart $11
1B Votto $46
2B Kipnis $5
3B Sandoval $11
SS Rutledge $15
CI Ike Davis $19
MI Altuve $11
OF Stanton $15
OF CarGo $20
OF Choo $18
Util Jennings $12
Util Pence $6

SP Moore $10
SP Medlen $11
SP J Zimm $20
RP Mariano $14
RP Axford $10
RP Wilhelmsen $7
P Latos $21
P Niese $3

BN Beckett $5
BN Perez $3
BN D Robertson $1
BN
BN
BN

A few thoughts...

So, my great plan to try and do something about my 1 in hitters' Ks got derailed. Having kept CarGo and Stanton I was targeting Aoki or Victorino to finish the OF, but then got Jennings and Choo at decent value so didn't really see the need for them, though I did go back for Pence late.

Again I've finished the auction in this league with some money on the table. I think it comes from sticking closely to Rudy's dollar values, i.e. not overpaying. However the other side of that is that the top guys in this league are SO expensive (Miggy $60, Pujols $51, Prince $56, Longo $55, JUp $42, Beltre $41, Heyward $35, Reyes $36, Pedrois $30 to name a few) and not wanting to overpay, before long there's not much to spend the extra money on.

That said, I was glad I had enough to go the extra on Votto (not a bad buy given those other prices for a top 1B - but still $5 more than I could have kept him for!) and to be able to overpay a bit for J-Zimm (who I really wanted) and Latos and to get some closers when they were starting to thin out a bit.

It also meant I could pay what it took to get Rutledge as he was about the last decent SS left (didn't want to go to $20 on Rollins, and Hanley went for $34 and Reyes - who I really wanted went for $36 as per above. Even Zobrist went for $30!), though even at $15, that's still a way below where Rudy has him.

My carefulness cost me Greinke though - shouldn't have let him go for $17 and I should have gone a couple extra to get Mad-Bum, who went for $24 - he would have been a good balance for Moore and Medlen as I don't fully trust Latos, but after not getting Greinke and Bum I had to go hard after him (Latos).

But pretty happy overall - hopefully my relative caution means I have more solid guys at positions where others have had to resort to schmohawks. And of course it's a fairly shallow league, so there's a bunch of useful guys (esp pitching) on the wire, so in-season management is pretty important.

Let's get ready to rumble...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6